"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal." T S Eliot

Sunday 25 October 2009

Young again




So we're standing close together
'Cause I don't trust myself to whisper
Any louder



These words are fighting with my tongue
My mind is trying to forget me
Stalling for time, works like a charm
But I don't think these words can wait
Any longer



Always told myself, you know how it is
You see, I'm gonna wait
For better days



Don't ask me how, I don't know when
But someday, we'll be
Young Again
And someday we'll be
Young Again



You make up your face, you got to go
But we ain't growing younger,
So darling, go slow



As I follow in your footsteps
My heart is trying to forgive me
Dragging my heels through past regrets
'Cause your heart is pulling me places
That mine won't go



Now there's left no trace,
Of the promises I made
In better days



Don't ask me how, I don't know when
But someday, we'll be
Young Again

No comments:

Post a Comment