"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal." T S Eliot

Monday 21 December 2009

Heaven

This knife laid bare my veins to deceit and pride,
While my lips clamoured for the cocktail kiss
No-one held my reflection as a friend of mine.
After each retreat from the nerves and guilt,
Within my broken shell, let loose denial;
And I convinced myself good boys don't cry

When in heaven, it's cold after hours
Your noose solution ain't the answer -

As the cold seeps thru when you're goin' under,
A mystery beat tears you from the brink.
Your fingers still numb; regret the damage you done.
After a million wide-eyed moments,
You'd think the signs couldn't be much clearer
That's instinct beating; learn to trust it kid.

When in heaven, it's cold after hours
Your noose solution ain't the answer -

They wouldn't believe,
but with this laughter in my footfall
can't shake this belief
that in heaven, it's cold after hours
your noose solution ain't the answer
When in heaven, it's cold after hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment