"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal." T S Eliot

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Tramps N' Thieves (Beg Borrow & Steal)

Hey you mister, I wouldn't ask,
but can you spare a thought;
'cause looks to me like you got prayers to spare.
Every day finds me down-at-heel
the novelty's wearing thin;
it's hard to bite your tongue with my fair share.

Back to back my brother
never cut these ties that bind.
As tramps an' thieves;
we'll beg borrow and steal

You know that I've learnt how to laugh
at those dangerous dreams;
whisperin' love an' leave to rags and riches.
Left behind for a song an' dance;
wishing on a wing and prayer
now I find myself caught between love and sin.

Back to back, my brother
never cut these ties that bind
as tramps an thieves;
we'll beg borrow an steal
wall to wall no other
could take your place in these eyes
just tramps an thieves
we beg borrow an steal

Say they never did have me down
as just another man;
pushing life along, all the best he can.
I'm too far gone for second thoughts,
forgive me my graceless ways;
seems lately my friend, there's too much time to hand

Back to back my brother
never cut these ties that bind
we'll beg borrow an steal
as tramps an thieves.

No comments:

Post a Comment